Using CakeTalking and Sibelius Speaking without Administrator Rights
Windows allows for accounts with different
access privileges, for example, installing software.
A user with "Administrator" privileges is able to assign these privileges.
If you need more help, contact an expert in your organization or
read about User Accounts in your Windows Help file.
Most Dancing Dots installation programs need to be run with
Administrator rights; however, our installation programs must also be run
while logged in under the account that the software will be used.
Usually, this problem only occurs in schools or where there
are many users on a computer network.
The only solution at this time is to acquire Administrator rights
Here are the directions for installing our software if our software
complains that you need Administrator rights.
First read these notes
- Please read all of these directions before starting.
- The software will not be installed properly if
you use Run as... to run the installation program
- For security reasons, system administrators should first
change the password on the account that will be used.
- Get Administrator rights for the account with which you'll be using
This usually means that you need to ask a system administrator to
install the software for you by following these directions.
- Log in as the user who will be using the software.
- Install all the software, for example, SONAR and
CakeTalking for SONAR.
- Restore the account's rights back to where they were before this
The system administrator's work may be done at this point.
- Continue with the normal installation procedure including
configuration like graphics labeling for JAWS related products.
Click here for the main Dancing Dots support page