Selecting Multiple Notes in SharpEye
A movie of how to select multiple notes in SharpEye
There are two ways of selecting multiple notes in SharpEye:
- Shift-Left-Click While Dragging a Rectangle around Notes
Holding the shift key down while dragging a rectangle around the notes you
want to be selected will make SharpEye select all the notes encompassed
by the rectangle. Anything that was previously selected will not be selected anymore.
- Control-Click While Selecting Notes
Holding the control key down while selecting a note will make SharpEye add the
selected note to the selection.
- It is possible to add more notes to any selected group of notes using control-click but shift-click
ALWAYS clears the previous selection (it is not possible to add a group of notes to a
group of selected notes using shift+click).
- Multple lyrics can be selected by double-clicking one lyric of a line of lyrics that you want to select.
All the selected lyrics will be from the same system and same verse.
- Besides lyrics, only notes can be selected in groups.
Explanation of This Video
- SharpEye is already running and the music (along with the image) is displayed.
- Selecting Multiple Notes using Shift-Left-Click
- Imagine a rectangle aournd the notes you want to select and move the mouse to
one of the corners of this rectangle.
- Press the Shift key and hold it down.
- Left-click at one of the corners and while continuing to hold the Shift key and
the left mouse button down, move the
mouse towards the opposing corner of the imaginary rectangle until all
the desired notes are selected. Note that all 5 notes could have been selected
to achieve the same result but only 3 notes were selected so that control-left-click
could be demonstrated below.
- Release the Shift key and mouse button.
- Adding to the Selection using Control-Left-Click
- Press the Control key and hold it down.
- Left-click each note that should be added to the selection.
- Release the Control key and mouse button.
- At this point, various note attributes can be changed. The notes were made into a tuplet.
Staccato and accent were turned on and off for the selected notes.
- To unselect the notes, click on a place where there is nothing.
Quarry Lane P.O. Box 927 Valley Forge, PA 19482 P:
610 783-6692 F: 610 500-5072
|Copyright 2002, 2005, 2013 Dancing Dots